JOIN THE THIRD IPv6 CHALLENGE
Terms and conditions:
– Promote and support IPv6 deployment in the region
– Previously register for the challenge and have knowledge of IPv6
– Attend and participate in the talks and activities that will be organized
Who can participate?
Anyone who is part of an organization based in the LACNIC region not yet using or offering IPv6 services, as well as those with small IPv6 deployments – even if not yet in production – who can show new, recent implementations.
What must participants do to complete the challenge?
Participants must earn points by implementing and offering services with IPv6 support.
Each case will be different.
For example, participants may:
1) Offer transparent services to a group of end users over both versions of the Internet protocol (IP). More points will be earned if the services are implemented in members’ production servers and domains.
2) Implement servers with IPv6 support, such as Web, DNS, Conference, Jabber, SSH, among others.
3) Develop software with IPv6 support (to earn more points).
4) Offer ‘IPv6-only’ services, using for example 464xlat or containers (to earn more points).
Tip: Ensure security and direct communications with both IPv4 and IPv6.
Who wins the challenge?
– Whoever earns the highest number of points (more participation, more services).
– Whoever generates a report of the tests they conduct and the operational status of the services.
– Whoever prepares a handbook of good practices to help replicate the experience in other institutions and the LACNIC community.
A committee will analyze the work of challenge participants and name the winners.
Winners of the challenge will receive prizes in kind.
Registration: 08-20 March
Registration closes: 20 March
Informational webinar: 22 March
Reception of reports: 13 and 20 April
Questions should be addressed to the IPv6 Challenge Committee: