JOIN LACNIC’S SECOND IPv6 CHALLENGE
- Promote and support IPv6 deployment in the region
- Register for the contest and demonstrate knowledge of IPv6
- Attend and participate in the talks and activities that will be organized
Who can participate?
The contest is open to anyone who is part of an organization in the LACNIC region which does not yet use or offer IPv6 services.
Implementing and offering IPv6 enabled-services to earn points. Where? How?
This is up to each participant. Examples:
- Offering services to a group of end users transparently over both versions of the Internet Protocol (IP). More points will be awarded if these services are implemented on members’ production domains and servers.
- Implementing IPv6-enabled servers, including Web servers, DNS servers, Conference servers, Jabber servers, SSH servers, etc.
- Developing IPv6-enabled software (this will earn more points).
Tip: Make sure to guarantee security and direct communications for both IPv4 and IPv6.
- The participant who obtains more points (greater participation and more services)
- Participants who prepare a report on the tests they perform and the operational status of their services
- Participants who develop a manual of good practices to help replicate their experience within other institutions and the LACNIC community.
A committee will follow the work of the contestants and name the winners.
Non-cash prizes will be awarded to the winners of this Challenge.
- Registration opens: 14 August 2017
- Registration closes: 23 August 2017
- Information Webinar: 28 August, 15.00 UTC
- Presentation of reports: To be announced during the webinar, after which this information will be updated.
- Winner is announced: 18-22 September 2017
Questions about the IPv6 Challenge: email@example.com